Be immersed in history
Definition of medieval
1: of, relating to, or characteristic of the Middle Ages
A Medieval Fair is designed to celebrate all things Middle Ages, which is the period of European history from about a.d. 500 to about 1500. By bringing a Medieval Fair to Mount Gambier we are joining a long prestigious list of Fairs around Australia, and in particular a strong South Australian Medieval community.
What can you expect to see?
- Historical reenactments, both comedic and very serious
- Combat by skilled armoured fighters
- Artisan demonstrations including weaving, spinning, leatherwork and more, from both local and travelling artists
- Marketstalls offering wares of a medieval nature
- Petting areas for kids
- Long bow archery
- Come and try Dungeons & Dragons tables
- the Tavern tent for mead and ales
- Photo opportunities including armour dressups
No pets allowed except service dogs.
Limestone Coast Festivals and Events Inc. are a team of dedicated volunteers who have worked on a variety of local events including Fringe Mount Gambier, the Fork and Cork festival, Colour Day and the NYE Festival. But we’re also medieval enthusiasts who love a bit of dress-up and some fine mead.
We also know a great opportunity for this city to have a novel event on it’s annual calendar that will not only inspire and entertain locals, but is also a drawcard for the many medieval fair travellers that attend these types of events all across the country.
If you would like to join us, please drop us a line at email@example.com, and let us know what skills you could bring to the table.